Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Big Data Mining to Predict Quality

Wakelij2
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am trying to use this software for the first time and I am finding it very difficult. I'm not sure if this is the right topic for discussion but could you all give me suggestions on what the structure of my data modelling should look like (what tools and the tool setup if possible) along with how I can break down the data to be able to predict the quality of the wine.

Attached is a copy of the csv file where each column has assigned variables, with the quality being a wine testers analysis, however I need to create an automated process which will use the values from each column to automatically predict the quality of the wine.

A few essential tools that I need use are as follows:

- Clustering & Histograms

- Decision trees

- Regression models

If any of you could assist me in any way with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Wakelij2 

This is a complex problem to try on your first attempt.  Alteryx itself is a complex program and requires a learning period before you can start to tackle difficult problems.   

Before you dive into predictive analysis, I would suggest that you take the time to familiarize yourself with the various tools available in Alteryx.  A good place to start is the Interactive training in the Academy.  i would suggest doing the Getting Started group and then  Writing Expressions and Parsing Data.   Once you get a handle on the fundamentals, move on to the Predictive Grouping and Predictive Modelling videos 

Dan

BretCarr
10 - Fireball

Judging by your question, I think you've got the right tool in front of you but I agree with @danilang that this is one heck of a big job if you are a new user.

Unfortunately, the tool is powerful but its learning curve is a little bit more than I would have liked and I like to think of myself as someone who picks up software (I'm interested in) quickly.

I also feel like if someone answered your question, we'd be doing your homework (literally) for you. Am I the only one that feels that way? The data is way too clean. 🤣

Good luck!

Labels