Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Best way to develop monitoring emails

SideOfRanch
8 - Asteroid

Mainly just looking for advice. I want to make a "bot" that scans a table for "bad data" and if it finds bad data, it emails a user to fix it.

What I was thinking is that I would create a workflow to check for the bad data rule and send the email. At the same time it sends the email it would create a separate able in our DBMS of the "ID" of the bad data so that the next time it ran it would keep emailing the same issues over and over. I'd then just schedule the workflow to run every 15 minutes or so?

Is that the best way to do it? Has anyone created a "data audit bot" that would have thought through more advanced use cases?

1 REPLY 1
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SideOfRanch It is probably the easiest and least amount of overhead to have the process run at the frequency that you would like people to be notified. That way if it was running on a daily cadence for example, a daily email seems like a reasonable frequency for notifications. I'm not sure what SLA's or expectations you have of the data teams for these fixes, but the additional workflow overhead for something that doesn't need to be fixed immediately might not be necessary. 

Labels