Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Best way to Transpose & Cross Tab

Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Hello,

I'm posting here because I had to transform some data into a specific layout. Even if I managed to do it, I'm quite sure there is a way better way than then one I used to reach the final result I wanted (there always is with Alteryx! ). 

here is the output (transformed for data protection), the workflow and the final result I had to reach.

Could be nice if anyone could point me out a better idea on how to proceed to avoid that long splitting I did.

Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
AmeliaG
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Hakimipous

I'd be happy to help you. Can you please share the input file so that I can show you another way to build the process?

Thanks!

Amelia

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Maybe I'm missing something, but why not rename all the columns you require in the first Select ?

Supplying the original "cisco" file would be great though.  Just dummy up the data so that the file format is the same as your real data, but the numbers are rubbish (eg your Gross Salary can be 1 or 999999999, that doesn't matter at all :) )

Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

@AmeliaG @cmcclellan 

Thanks for your reply! 

Looks like I did a wrong manipulation, I'll upload the correct file tomorrow morning! 

Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

@cmcclellan @AmeliaG 

Post has been edited with the input file !

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

If you click on the transpose tool and open the example there is a good example of using the transpose and cross tab in conjunction.   

See attached the my solution on Version 11.7.

Thanks,

Nick

Hakimipous
10 - Fireball

Ok indeed that's pretty great. I did try something very similar without grouping by names. I yet have to spend more time on these tools as they can be real time saver in my case

Thanks again x) 

Labels