Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Best Way to group or filter on Time?

mlgsleea
5 - Atom

Hello,

I want to know if someone can help. This seems to be simple, but I am having trouble to find out what the best way is.

I am trying to group by the time so that I can see how many orders were processed on certain time period.

For example, how am I suppose to group these time in increment of 30 min or 1 hour so I can view by the range that I set up?

Like 14:00~15:00 to show total order qty and so forth for 24 house period.

Thank you.

time and qty.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Aguisande
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi,

How about converting the [Last Update Time] to integers (for example: 14:23:10 To 1423 or 1400 for rounded hours) and then use the Summarize Tool to get total of [Order Qty] by the converted values?

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @mlgsleea,

The option @Aguisande, is a nice easy one, you can use the Data Cleansing Tool to remove Punctuation and then String parses to take Left(4), Left(2) etc....

Another option is to add a date to the string beforehand ('2000-01-01 ' + [Last Update Time]) and use DateTimeTrim([NewDateTime],'hour').

Kane

Neil-HawaiianAir
7 - Meteor

I had the same question and ended up converting the time to a number.  This will round it to an hour.  So I used the following:

if tonumber([Time]) = 14 then "Yes" else "No" endif

Neil-HawaiianAir
7 - Meteor

Disregard. I thought I had a simple solution but it didn't work as intended.

Labels