community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

Best Trick or Treating Neighborhood

Highlighted
Bolide
Bolide

I had to go back and find my notes from my blog post years ago. Below is the text and. It should still work assuming you have the experian database and access to the spatial datasets. 

Use big data to obtain best candy this Halloween

When you were younger, did you ever plan to Trick or Treat in a particular neighborhood in the hopes of scoring the most and best sweet treats of the year? It was a tough decision to weigh: A) Target the large, expensive homes in hopes of obtaining the full-size candy bars knowing that you have to walk much further between homes. B) Target the large neighborhoods with smaller, closer homes knowing that you probably wont get the full-size treats, but you are almost certain to get a lot of smaller treats.

This app takes that into consideration and maps out the best neighborhoods within a 5 minute drive of your home base.

TrickOrTreatingMap.png

This app actually started as a way to work TomTom layer files into a workflow seamlessly. This is achieved through the embedded macro and the .ini files in the DataSets folder (download and open to see). I was going to use the registry key for TomTom to find the data folder that contains the layers, but realized that the registry keys are no longer in use. Instead, Alteryx stores ".ini" files in the "C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts" folder that act similarly to the key, holding file locations, vintages and dataset descriptions.

Have fun with the App and see how you can change how the scores are created in order to customize to your liking.

*Note: Alteryx Spatial with Data is required to run this App and contains elements that cannot be uploaded to Public Gallery. However, this can be run locally and within the private Gallery if you have that available.

Labels