Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Best Fuzzy Tool configuration for my case

Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello Friends,

I know that I am asking something which has been asked and discussed multiple times on the Forum. But being a novice I am stuck somewhere and need a little help.

I am comparing strings like below (sample file with more records attached):

Field1                                                                Field2                                                          MatchScore_Field
EPS Dubai - Beng Mechanical Engineering     EPS Dubai - MSc Comp - Canvas              40
EPS Dubai - Beng Mechanical Engineering     EPS - Beng Mech Eng Canvas                   40

As it can be seen that Score field does not help much in identifying the correct record, I have tried various settings in the Fuzzy Tool using Merging option and Custom settings for the Target field. But  I am nowhere near to generate score where I can filter out the mismatches. I am not generating Key based on the Target field as I am testing all the records in the two columns of the same row and seeing how the Scoring is done. I am using a constant as the mandatory Key field.

Can you please check the attached file and suggest something more useful? The text will keep on changing and there is no such keywords.

Thanks,

Ashish

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@AshishD What does your workflow look like so far? How is the fuzzy matching tool configured? Can you attach the workflow?

Digan
Alteryx
Highlighted
7 - Meteor

Hello @DiganP

I am using the attached workflow which some other community member posted on another thread.

Thanks!

Labels