Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch macro workflow not working - only output 1 record

Sukisuki
5 - Atom

Hey, anyone can help me with my batch macro? I'm trying to use a batch macro to load multiple excel files within a folder. The workflow worked perfectly previously but somehow not working now. The folder (directory) has 3 excel files and each one has multiple records. When running the macro in the standard workflow, it only returned the first record of the first file and only one iteration was run. Attached are the screenshots of the workflow and also the configurations. Appreciate for any suggestions!

7 REPLIES 7
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sukisuki are you specifying the sheet name of the excel files that you feed into the Batch Macro? This article might help you. 

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If I were to guess, the only file that worked is the only one that has a "FY19 Scope List" sheet. The Directory tool will pass the file path, but not the sheet name(s) from that file. Your batch macro will need to know the sheet name so that can be updated for each file. 

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sukisuki if you don't know the sheet names then the solution of this post should help you as it finds the sheet name then updates the file name then puts through a batch macro.

Sukisuki
5 - Atom

Thanks for the suggestion, I appended the sheet name to the file path to specify the sheet I'm looking for (which is sent to the macro as control parameter), is this correct? But I still have the same output (one record only).

Sukisuki_0-1581952654598.png

Sukisuki
5 - Atom

Thanks for the quick reply. All test files have the "FY19 Scope List" sheet and they are in the same format. Attach here the workflows and test files for your reference.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sukisuki can you try again but take out the the single quotations marks and $ from the sheet name.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Sukisuki  thanks for your sharing your workflow I ended up having to rebuild your batch macro to make it work. Attached the workflow let me know what you think?

Labels