Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch macro video - "Control parameter must be mapped to a field"

Newt
8 - Asteroid

When I load the solution to the "Build Your First Batch Macro" video, delete the macro and re-insert the macro, I get the error "The Control Parameter (10) must be mapped to a field"

Can anyone tell me why the solution posted by Joe does not work?  I am running 2019.2,5.62427.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
JessieC
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Newt ,

Do you have a field selected for the batch macro to batch on? It would essentially act like a filter for the data to be fed into the macro.

Can you post a screenshot?

Newt
8 - Asteroid

Jessie,

Why would I need to select a field on a macro that works as originally downloaded, but does not work when the macro is deleted and re-inserted?

Is "selecting a field" the same as selecting a "value or attribute to update" ?

I've attached the answer from JoeM below, along with a screen shot of how he he set up the macro.

I think I'm missing something really basic here....

Thanks for your help.

Newt

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hey @Newt, When placing a macro (or other tool for that matter) the metadata isn't always going to auto-configure. After placing the macro on the canvas and connecting to the text input tool, select the macro and reconfigure, selecting the "Store" field in both drop downs in the "Group By" tab as well as the drop down on the "Questions" tab.

In this instance, the control parameter is labeled "Choose Field: Choose Batch", so it won't automatically seek out the field "Store" - but FYI - if you have a control parameter labeled "Store", it should pick up the "Store" field. 

Newt
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

I suspected it would be an obvious gap in how closely I could follow the video.

Newt

Labels