Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch macro parameter not updating

NotQuiteClueless
7 - Meteor

I have two control values to my macro, a Maximum and a Minimum that are applied to a pair of filters. Inside the macro are a pair of filters, the first with a formula [Date]>=1 where the macro replaces the '1' with Minimum value. The second has a formula [Date]<=12 and the macro is set to replace the '12' with the Maximum value.

My problem is that the first filter works just fine but the second sticks stubbornly at 12. What am I doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

It's very hard to diagnose macro config issues without seeing the workflow itself.

If you could at all attached the macro to the post that would be great. If not then screen shots that detail have everything is configured would be great.

Ben

NotQuiteClueless
7 - Meteor

Hi Ben,

I've attached the macro to my initial post. Thanks for replying

Regards

Richard

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This might be an easy fix.

On the action tool for your 'max' value, you haven't configured the tool to overwrite the value 12 (green), you've configured it to overwrite the tool name (red).

Format.png

Ben

NotQuiteClueless
7 - Meteor

*sigh* Might have to take the 'Not' out of my user name

Many thanks

Labels