Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

General Discussions has some can't miss conversations going on right now! From conversations about automation to sharing your favorite Alteryx memes, there's something for everyone. Make it part of your community routine!

Batch Macro

rajatjain
6 - Meteoroid

I have a workflow in which i am using a formula tool where i am calculating one field i.e.   A =  0.25 * B 

B is the field already present in the data flowing in the formula tool.

I want to repeat the whole process using values of 0.75, 0.5 so that i can get 0.25 * B, 0.5 * B, 0.75 * B  in all the columns. I can't use the same formula tool since i have to use the same A.

How to modify this value of 0.25 in the formula tool to a predefined value set given by me so the whole records get multiplied with all the set values and the columns are stacked  next to each other?

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@rajatjain can you post your progress so far with some dummy data?

rajatjain
6 - Meteoroid

Here in input i have 4 rows with values 0.25, 0.5 , 0.75 , 1

and in the formula tool i am doing multiplication with 4 as a start

which gives 1,2, 3, 4 as the output

i want more columns which next multiplies the values with 8, 16, and 32 and so on... This is the basic idea!

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hey @rajatjain I think this is what you're looking for: a batch macro where the multiplier is determined by the batch/control number.

Then, cross tabbing that into a table where the column number is the control number.

Take a look and be sure to mark it as solved if this answers the question.

Labels