Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro working within Macro but breaking in full workflow

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Hey guys, 

I'm back with another dumb question - I'm using a batch macro in the same fashion that I have done before with this same data (with the control parameter cycling through this same text file), except the output I'm getting only contains the filter value within the macro (so the action isn't working). I can't figure out why and have been spinning my wheels. 

Additionally, the macro output seems to be nulling two of the columns that are supposed to have values (the LIBOR columns in the package included have values in the macro, but not in the middle output). Essentially, there is a difference between the output in the macro and output in the full workflow and I can't figure out why that is either. 

If anyone knows of a simple fix for these two issues please let me know. I combed through some similar forums here but was unable to find a solution. 

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @BSmithdubz   I think there's an issue with your Action tool...

Batch Macro 1.png

You are saying update the Operand value to replace 007, this should be 092.

Also as the files have a different scheme, in your macro you should open Interface Designer and change the output mode...

Batch Macro 2.png

Hope that helps! 

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BSmithdubz 

When I downloaded and opened the attached package, I got the "?" icon, which indicates the macro could not be found/inserted. I was not able to find the macro path from Workflow Dependencies, which is odd because it was packaged with it. When I went to open the macro, I could open it, but if I want to insert that macro into another I got an error "Not a valid macro".Naturally, this is a pretty ambiguous error. So here's my suggestions.

"Not a Valid Macro"

- I've found this can stem from Inputs and Outputs, so I recommend deleting and replacing the Macro Input, Macro Output, and Control Parameter tools. Re-save the macro and see if you can insert it.

"?" Icon

- Sometimes this happens when renames occur in the file path/ file name of macros inserted into the workflow. Before you export and workflows, try and use the "Test" button in the Workflow Depenedency window to make sure it can be found before saving/exporting. 

I was able to re-save the macro, reinsert it to the workflow, and it worked just fine (with the Action update @markcurry called out)

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Hey @markcurry @CharlieS ,

Thank both of you for the replies. I have made the changes and am still running into issues with the LIBOR comments and am now getting this error as well:

BSmithPdubz_0-1598575184150.png

BSmithPdubz_1-1598575234884.png

Any ideas? Thanks again!

markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @BSmithdubz 

Looking at the errror, it's on Record #16, so that 16th record being passed into your batch macro is ACA number 087 is causing the error. It's Tool #124, in your macro where the error is happening, which is your Summarize tool.

So if you were to run a standalone version of your batch macro you'll see that ACA 087 doesn't have the LIBOR_Rate_90_Days field where the rest of the ACA numbers do...

Batch Macro 3.png

markcurry
12 - Quasar

One way to fix this would be to take the 1 record with the Required Headers in a Text Input Tool, then Filter with the Custom Filter 1 = 2 which false so it will remove all the records, then Union this with your original source to ensure you have all the required headers.  See the updated macro attached.

Batch Macro 4.png

BSmithdubz
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the response. I was able to correct the error. Unfortunately, I am still running into the blank LIBOR rates in the columns in the output tools but am working on it.

Labels