Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro still not working

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

I have created a batch macro to extract all the files from a particular folder. Two of the files are not being extracted due to difference in data type for a particular column. I have attached the macro. Anyway we can do this.

Looking forward to an interesting answer. I have already checked the Interface Designer. It is selected to "Auto Configure by Name(Wait Until All Iterations are Run)".

12 REPLIES 12
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Deba93 
Like you said, it should work, specially you have already the Select Tool in place.

Maybe you can upload a few dummy sample data?

And this one should help as well.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Combining-Different-Sheets-with-Differ...

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu ,

Here you go, attached are the sample files. April FY20 file has a columns named resolved product name, which alteryx is considering as V_String. The same column in September FY21 is being considered as as V_WString.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Deba93 
Only modified the Action Tool a bit and it works on my side.

0213-Deba93.PNG

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu ,

Just a quick question. In the image that you shared you have taken a single file as input in the macro. I on the other hand was taking all the files. Was I doing it wrong?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Deba93 
If you are doing it all, I guess we dont need the macro after all.😁

On the other hand the batch macro will allow you take in the files one by one, then perform some processing, then union all the results as a final output.

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

I am unable to open the workflow as these were created in the latest version. My organization currently uses Alteryx designer 2020.3 also I tried providing a single file name as input in the batch macro and ran the workflow. It is reading only that single file and not other files in the directory. Attached is the workflow.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Deba93 

Have you configure the Macro Input?

0213-Deba93-1.PNG

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Yes I have done that, it is not working. Can you provide me a snapshot as to what changes you made in the workflow?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Deba93 
This should be all of them.

0213-Deba93-A1.PNG0213-Deba93-A2.PNG0213-Deba93-A3.PNG0213-Deba93-A4.PNG

Labels