Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro still dropping records

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

I have built a batch macro which enables me to process a list of.xlsx files from a folder and club them together to be processed further. Now 2 of my files aren't being processed as they have schema different from the first file in the lot. I used a field info tool to check the schema and found out one column has datatype V_String and one has V_WString. Ideally it should have been resolved by batch macro. 

Deba93_1-1606375763445.png

The error that I am getting is as below.

Deba93_2-1606375916231.png

Any help would be great. Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Deba93 
Can you embed a Select Tool in the marcro?

Attached is a good sample.

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

The workflow seems broken as it was created on a newer version. I am using alteryx designer @Qiu

Per
11 - Bolide

Hi @Deba93 

I think you might need yet another macro 🙂 Have a look at the solution posted here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/CS-Macro-Dev-Reading-in-Multiple-Fi...

Of course, if you know that there will only be a few different schemas, you can have multiple Input, one for each schema, but that is hardly a pretty solution.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Deba93 

Have you checked this on your macro:

messi007_1-1606378749713.png

Hope that Helps,

Regards

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Hi I have that option checked however the records are still dropping

Deba93
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Per  this actually worked. Apologies that I saw it really late. Appreciate your help 🙂

Labels