Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch Macro keeps stopping the workflow after a few iterations

jwehmer1229
6 - Meteoroid

Hello, 

I am currently trying to run a batch macro by feeding a directory into the macro to update the input tool. This macro is designed to run a process through an entire folder of documents (approx 215 docs). All of the documents are in the same format, same column headers, etc. However, after 10 or less iterations, the workflow stops and gives me this error message. 

Designer x64 The Designer x64 reported: InboundNamedPipe GetOverlappedResult: The pipe has been ended. ¶

I do not understand what this means or what has gone wrong in my macro, as I have run similar workflows exactly the same in the past, and have never gotten this message. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
DQAUDIT
9 - Comet

@jwehmer1229 ,

Does the issue occur on the same document each time?  If so you could clone your Macro workflow and  in the copy update your template to point directly to that document and see if you encounter that error at any particular tool.  From there you could trouble shoot and see if there is a "special situation" you need to update your Macro to account for.

This post contains suggestions from others on how they resolved this error message if you need other ideas:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/The-Designer-x64-reported-InboundNamed...

jwehmer1229
6 - Meteoroid

No, so I thought that was the issue, and I would run the file it stopped at individually, and it had no problem. So now, I am just updating the directory for it to pull file paths from to delete out the ones already completed, and run it again. This has been working, but annoying that I can't hit run once and let it complete, but have to sit and watch it, wait for it to error out, update my directory, then run it again to get another 5-10 files completed. 

Labels