Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro into Encrypted Analytic App

vgeetanp
7 - Meteor

Hey All.. Hello Again,

I would like to know if we could attach the batch macro's inside the Analytic App while encrypting. Below is how my flow look like, where the folder icon is my Batch macro. I have encrypted my workflow before sending it to the customer wherein it requires the Batch macro to be sent along.. I do not want this to be like this, is there any possibilities that I could send the flow (embedded with the batch macro's) without sending the batch macro separately.

vgeetanp_0-1597244505725.png

I am not sure about the best practice, If anyone could provide some solution.. Then that would be really great. 

2 REPLIES 2
Treyson
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

@vgeetanp There is a way to do this and it all happens when you export your workbook.

Under Options there is the 'Export Workbook' setting. When you open that up there are two important things to look at.

Treyson_0-1597259662833.png

1) This is where you select to bring the macros with you. Whatever is selected will come with the export.

2) This is where you encrypt this export.

Treyson_1-1597259794907.png

A) This is where you select to encrypt it.

B) This is where you can create licenses for people to install

C) This is where you can make it expire and become useless after a certain date.

D) This is where you can just encrypt and put no expiration.

Once you have all of that setup, you can export that to a YXZP file.

My major concern was that people could still get into the macro that is within the workflow, but let's look at that. If you change the file extension of the YXZP to ZIP, you can extract that zip to a folder.

Treyson_2-1597260129298.png

New Zip Folder and Extracted folder:

Treyson_3-1597260358840.png

You can now dive through these folders and files that make up the packaged workbook! Dive into _Externals/1 and you will see your macros. If you try to open them, you should see this pop up in Alteryx.

Treyson_4-1597260444008.png

So, what this means is that anyone with a copy of your YXZP can open it and see what macros exist within, but they don't have the ability to get into them. Your app will also work, which is the important part. 

Play around with this on your exports before sending them out. I hope this helps.

Treyson Marks
Senior Analytics Engineer
vgeetanp
7 - Meteor

Thank You @Treyson  It worked 🙂 

Labels