Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro field not found (coming from input file name as field)

MRoyW
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I have created a batch macro to combine data from different Excel sheets.
I checked 'output file name as field' in the template input since I needed the full path for the sake of data categorisation and transformation within the workflow.

Assuming I have re-named the file path as 'Full Path' within the workflow, I run into an error "The field 'Full Path' is not contained in the record" (for each worksheet) when I try to run the batch macro to update data from the different Excel source worksheets.

I think this is as a result of the renamed path having a different string/ worksheet name from the update parameter string.

Does anyone know how I can make the batch macro work and have the path updated for each worksheet?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Do you have a screen shot of your configuration of the tools before the macro, and the config of the macro itself?

MRoyW
8 - Asteroid

configured to update worksheet identifier part of stringconfigured to update worksheet identifier part of stringmacro outputmacro outputError for full path not found - MAYBE due to renaming of field which includes string to be updatedError for full path not found - MAYBE due to renaming of field which includes string to be updatedparsing of full file path to get categorisation data - This field is renamed as 'Full Path'parsing of full file path to get categorisation data - This field is renamed as 'Full Path'

Hope this helps

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@MRoyW 

Try to check the Questions Tab in the Macro Configuration Window.

I think you need to re-map the field since you changed the filed name.

Qiu_0-1615960098967.png

MRoyW
8 - Asteroid

MRoyW_0-1615963632890.png

I have the attached set up. Any pointers?

MRoyW
8 - Asteroid

@mbarone @Qiu I actually decided to use CREW wildcard input to combine the data beforehand, so any workaround with the batch macro method is purely for knowledge. So, no rush.

Thanks guys. If anyone has a solution, please share.

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

I agree with @Qiu .  It looks like the field name your macro is looking for is not the field name that contains the full path.

MRoyW
8 - Asteroid

That's okay. I'll work it with a macro input to test it out. Thanks both @mbarone @Qiu 

Labels