community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Batch Macro Summary drop records

Meteoroid

Hi All, 

I posted this not long ago but I think my post didn't make much sense. So i redo this with a much simpler example that recreated by problem.

I wrote a batch macro that summarizes and output iteratively based on a filter. The output of running the macro for 1 iteration gives the perfect results. But when running the whole batch, it drops records with "0"s.

Can someone tell me why this happens?

Thanks,

Bill

Aurora

Hi @billzhao 

A couple of problems here.

1.  Your macro only outputs the accident years that are contained in the claims file.  i.e. for A 2017 missing in the claims so it doesn't show up in the output.   I corrected this to add missing years from Min to Max

2.  You concatenated the Coverage values into one string.    Because you were using IN and all the Coverages, the files was only being processed once for all the records.   For a batch macro,  The coverages need to be sent as separate rows.  I changed the way the parameters are being passed in

Try out this version

Dan

Meteoroid

Hi Dan,

Thanks for helping again. Sorry I attached the wrong file.

Aurora

Hi @billzhao 

Your new macro has the years hard coded into it.  Check out version in my previous post that generates the years dynamically for each Coverage

Dan

Meteoroid

Thanks Dan! I tried it out but seems the output still miss years....

Labels