Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch Macro Not Outputing to XLSM

ridodson
6 - Meteoroid

I have a batch macro that I am wanting to write in to my workflow that will loop through a specific site listing, update a filter within the macro, and then should output the data on to a table/range within an .xlsm file.

ridodson_1-1654606934093.png

Configuration of XLSM (output tool)

ridodson_2-1654606971599.png

Configuration of batch macro

ridodson_3-1654607085823.png

Ideally, the output should look something like this:

ridodson_4-1654607175360.png

But instead it looks like this:

ridodson_5-1654607213057.png

The batch macro loops through each file successfully, but it looks like it is not overlaying the data on to the xlsm before creating the output. Any help would be greatly appreciated!  😀

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ridodson,

By overlay do you mean its not applying the formatting? You can preserve formatting by ticking here:

IraWatt_0-1654607774121.png

Or is it the headers your wanting?

Could you provide a sample workflow?

Thanks,

Ira

ridodson
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for reaching out, @IraWatt!

What I would like for the workflow to do is take the data that is filtered out through the batch macro, and then essentially copy/paste (for lack of better terms) it in to the xlsm, then save the xlsm as a specific file name. Each site will have its own file they will be working off of.

I have attached the original workflow that I am building. For ease, it will be the last sub-container on the upper right-hand side. It is entitled "SITE ITERATION MACRO".

Edit: Attached picture of container that I am referring to.

ridodson_0-1654608967371.png

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @ridodson 

By changing the file name you are creating a brand new file with no formatting to keep. It sounds like what you need is a template file with your formatting that can be used to output any number of files for each site. Here's two approaches:

https://intersectionsandoverlaps.wordpress.com/2019/09/27/alteryx-excel-templates-with-blob-tools/

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Clearing-Data-in-Template-before-Overw...

Labels