Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro - Multiple files not reading

jaimonsk
8 - Asteroid

Hi Experts,

I was building a batch macro with 6 csv file inputs. This macro needs to be batched multiple times based on a column which is another input for this macro. But when I run the the macro, it is not reading any of files which I'm pointing in the interface of the macro. Could someone help me on this?

P:S: Due to some organizational policies, i could not share the workflow. Sorry for the confusion

4 REPLIES 4
estherb47
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
Hi,

Without seeing any of the macro, it’s really hard to diagnose what isn’t working.

General comments - make sure you’re configuring the macro correctly from the workflow that runs it. For different scheme in the files, make sure the macro configuration is set up to accommodate that by enabling reading in files with different columns (interface window). Make sure you have a control parameter or macro input set up for the files to be read.

Those are some out of the blue guesses.

Cheers,
Esther
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jaimonsk 

Another point to add to @estherb47's suggestions.  The macro will only run one iteration when you test it in the .yxmc in Designer, with the values that you've set in the tools.    It's only once you embed the macro in a calling program that the Control parameter and interface elements come into play.  

Dan

jaimonsk
8 - Asteroid

Hi @estherb47  and @danilang  

Thanks for your time!

Here i'm attaching a screenshot of the file input updation inside the macro 
could this help you in understanding the error inside the macro 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jaimonsk 

Add a Message tool right after the tool that this Action tool updates and set it to display the updated path.  This will give you confirmation that the path is actually correct on each iteration of the macro.  In order to see this in your calling program, you'll have to ensure that that Show all macro messages is checked.   

ShowAllMacroMessages.png

Dan

Labels