Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Issue: Weekly Challenge #11

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the Batch Macro to solve the weekly challenge #11. However my Batch Macro doesn't work for some reason. Can anyone help me to point out what's wrong with the workflow/macro? 

Thanks a lot

8 REPLIES 8
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

@archietao why do you want to use a macro? The challenge can be solved without one.

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi @yalmar_m

Thanks for your reply. I saw there are two solutions for that challenge. One has a batch macro (attached below) so I wanna figure out how it works by trying to replicate the workflow by myself. However, mine just doesn't work.  And I just wanna know what went wrong. 

yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Hi @archietao 

I think I solved your problem, it appeared to be a checkmark in the Find-Replace tool.

You only replaced the case sensitive fields, resulting in no matches.

If this solves your problem, please mark it as solved.

Sol.PNG

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @archietao

I changed some things in your batch Macro. 

Solution attached.

If you have any doubts, please do not hesitate on commenting.

Cheers,

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi @yalmar_m

Thanks for pointing that out! really appreciate it! However, the result remains the same for some reason.

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Thableaus

Thank you so much for replying! I have some trouble opening your solution though. 

It says:" There was an error loading a macro..."

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @archietao

Since you cannot open the macro, I will try to explain briefly what I changed.

MacroChallenge.PNG

The macro does not need a macro Input. Just leave the .yxdb file as an Input Data, since it's the same file you'll use. 

Add a record ID, as it'll be very useful to group the comments that contain more than one bucket.

In the Action parameters, I changed to Update Value (replace specific string), so it's more flexible.

Find and Replace tool must have the Case Insensitive Find ticked.

Workflow.PNG
You just need to connect the Search & Bucket input to the Macro, then group by Record ID and concatenate the Buckets. After that, just count each bucket and you'll have the answer.

Cheers,

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Thableaus

Thank you for the explanation! I also downloaded the newer version of Alteryx and now I can open your workflow. And it works. 

Thanks for your help!

Labels