Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Issue: Weekly Challenge #11

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the Batch Macro to solve the weekly challenge #11. However my Batch Macro doesn't work for some reason. Can anyone help me to point out what's wrong with the workflow/macro? 

Thanks a lot

8 REPLIES 8
yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

@archietao why do you want to use a macro? The challenge can be solved without one.

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi @yalmar_m

Thanks for your reply. I saw there are two solutions for that challenge. One has a batch macro (attached below) so I wanna figure out how it works by trying to replicate the workflow by myself. However, mine just doesn't work.  And I just wanna know what went wrong. 

yalmar_m
11 - Bolide

Hi @archietao 

I think I solved your problem, it appeared to be a checkmark in the Find-Replace tool.

You only replaced the case sensitive fields, resulting in no matches.

If this solves your problem, please mark it as solved.

Sol.PNG

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @archietao

I changed some things in your batch Macro. 

Solution attached.

If you have any doubts, please do not hesitate on commenting.

Cheers,

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi @yalmar_m

Thanks for pointing that out! really appreciate it! However, the result remains the same for some reason.

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Thableaus

Thank you so much for replying! I have some trouble opening your solution though. 

It says:" There was an error loading a macro..."

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @archietao

Since you cannot open the macro, I will try to explain briefly what I changed.

MacroChallenge.PNG

The macro does not need a macro Input. Just leave the .yxdb file as an Input Data, since it's the same file you'll use. 

Add a record ID, as it'll be very useful to group the comments that contain more than one bucket.

In the Action parameters, I changed to Update Value (replace specific string), so it's more flexible.

Find and Replace tool must have the Case Insensitive Find ticked.

Workflow.PNG
You just need to connect the Search & Bucket input to the Macro, then group by Record ID and concatenate the Buckets. After that, just count each bucket and you'll have the answer.

Cheers,

archietao
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Thableaus

Thank you for the explanation! I also downloaded the newer version of Alteryx and now I can open your workflow. And it works. 

Thanks for your help!

Labels