Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Input

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi Community,

I would like to ask why the batch macro is not working but the result does not show any errors.

Currently , i am compiling different country file and noted that only one file being imported into the alteryx despite i using the batch macro.

May i know how should i fix this so that it will read all the files?

Input subfolder

Jacob_94_1-1615899030683.png

Macro overview

Jacob_94_2-1615899115599.png

Result after running the workflow

Jacob_94_0-1615898872592.png

8 REPLIES 8
AndyBate
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jacob, 

Are you able to export the workflow to package the macro and add it to the thread. From my initial view i cant be sure why it might be failing but if got a look 'under the hood' it might help me sport the issue. 

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @AndyBate ,

May i know what are the things that i need to do?

Could you provide the screenshot so that i able to understand and follow exactly?

Thank you.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @SH_94 ,

Could you share the results window from the workflow (without clicking any tool). Are there any warnings shown?

Regards

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @afv2688 ,

Kindly find the screenshot below for your reference.

Jacob_94_0-1615905229957.png

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @SH_94 ,

Not having any warnings or "strange" messages makes it difficult to evaluate from here. Could you please enable within the macro, on the "runtime tab" the "show all macro messages" checkbox?

This might give me a hint. Also if you could upload your workflow here I might see what is happening faster.

Regards

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @afv2688 ,

Kindly find the files below for your reference.

However, i noted the zip file only save one file and i not sure whether it is correct or not because there are two file in the folder. And when i save the workflow , it only capture one file.

Screenshot below show that i have two excel file but the zip file only capture one file

Jacob_94_0-1615908546368.png

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @afv2688 ,

Kindly refer to the macro file below just in case if you want to see the format of the macro.

Thank you.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @SH_94 ,

I have tried your macro and for me it seems to be working perfectly. I created duplicates from your files and had no probs.

Regards

Labels