Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Help

Slushercw
8 - Asteroid

I swear I'm the most dense person ever when it comes to batch macros.  I'm trying to set up a batch macro to read in each line of data and run each one through a workflow individually.  I have four rows of data in my current workflow (that get parsed out into multiple rows downstream).  I thought I had everything set up, but now when I run the workflow, I am just getting the same iteration run 4 times.  I've tried changing the full "[RecordID] = 1" value and the specific string value of "1".  In one case I end up getting downstream errors saying data isn't coming into the tool, but in the other cases, it just runs the same iteration 4x.  Everything works properly when manually changing the filter tool within the macro to filter for the various recordIDs, so I don't think it's a data issue, but who knows.

Below are screenshots of the workflow (would like to get this figured out without submitting full workflow for data security):

CSlusher_0-1574268485062.png

CSlusher_1-1574268524942.png

CSlusher_2-1574268936699.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Slushercw 

For the filter tool you're using, the mode is Custom so you'll need to highlight the 1st line Expression - Value='[RecordID]=1'  and replace a specific string.  In the specific string box just leave 1 no quotes or other characters

Post screen shots of what you get when do this.  

Can you also post the macro, and the sample.yxdb.

Dan

Labels