Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Batch Macro Help for Log files

JavaGirl
7 - Meteor

I have a batch macro that i am using to rename all of the log file names to the job name.  The macro should returns the Filename, Run Time, Error Count and Messages for each filename passed into the macro.    Instead it is returning the 134 rows (The total number of rows from the Directory tool) of the same filename. 

The workflow that is executing the macro looks like the following passes in a listing of  the files that i need to retain the first line of the log file..  

JavaGirl_1-1650546231222.png

JavaGirl_2-1650546402784.png

The macro Action configuration looks like this.   But the output of this is only updating the input filename for the first filename (Alterys_Log_1650372699_1.log. ),   

JavaGirl_4-1650547081454.png

The visual of the output of the macro is as follows that shows each of the 134 rows are the same:  

JavaGirl_5-1650547830547.png

What am i doing wrong here?  Why is the Configuration of the Action Update passing in the same file each time?

1 REPLY 1
JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@JavaGirl hi, could you please upload the screenshot of configuration of the input to control parameter?
or even better if you could upload the whole workflow (with dummy data)

Labels