Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Fails to Output Records, Even When Sample File is Included

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

This one would appear to be a simple batch macro issue.

I have the macro setup.  It runs without errors. 

I drop it into my workflow as such:  Directory Tool --> Filter Tool -->Batch Macro (set to full path).

The workflow runs.  There are no errors, but no records output.  (The filter does output the correct file paths.)

Individually, the file path for each file in the directory works in the macro (as the example).  

What could I be missing?

5 REPLIES 5
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

We'll need some more detail (screen shots, configurations, etc.).

kelsey_kincaid
12 - Quasar

Hi @hellyars , this may sound silly, but do you have a browse tool immediately after where your macro outputs? I've run into issues before where it appeared to output nothing but it was just not visible within the results window except for in a Browse tool.

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@kelsey_kincaid  LOL.  That is exactly it.  Mondays!

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Nice one @kelsey_kincaid ,

As a heads up, this has been fixed in 2020.4 onwards and batch macros don't require a Browse tool in the output anymore (useful to know when you revert back to 2020.4 @hellyars )

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@AngelosPachis  Well as you know, Alteryx giveth (this) and taketh (breaking xml parse) in 2020.4.

Labels