Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Creates Cartesian Product from Thin Air

myastarling
10 - Fireball

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to create a batch macro that performs a linear regression. It works just fine if I run the macro directly but when I put it in my workflow, it creates a cartesian product. I'm sure it has to do with how the macro is set up in the workflow and not the macro itself, but I have compared the connections there to other folks' workflows with batch macros in Community and it seems to be set up ok. Could anyone help me with where I am going wrong with this? I've attached a sample workflow and the macro.

TIA!

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @myastarling ,

I think, you should provide each value for "Right_Counter" only once to the control parameter - that should solve the problem. I've modified your workflow a bit, seems to work. Let me know, if it works as you expect it.

Best,

Roland

myastarling
10 - Fireball

yayyy!! this worked!! I knew it was something with the inputs but I didn't think to consider the duplicates in the C and I groupby fields -- thank you so much!

Labels