Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Macro Arima with Different Covariates

hunterch7
5 - Atom

Hello! I'm fairly new to Alteryx. I'm trying to build a batch macro that takes in a list of possible covariates (say x, w, and z for example) and creates a distinct model object for each possible covariate, all predicting the same target variable (say y.) So, for example, after the macro runs, I would like to see a unioned set of three model objects: an Arima, targeting y, for x, y, and z. 

The macro has to be dynamic because it will be used in several different scenarios. However, when I try to run the macro, I continually get errors with the underlying logic behind the Arima tool (tool #174, which I believe is a dynamic select): "Parse error at char(23):Unknown variable.."

I've tried using the TS Model Factory, but I get "None of the groups had sufficient records to produce an ARIMA model. Please supply more records." every time, no matter how many records I provide and which time period I choose.

Any idea what could be going on? The control parameter takes a simple text input with one column, where each cell is a different covariate. See attached for the macro. Thank you SO much in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hunterch7 

When you rewrite the value of covariate field's name, it is needed the double quotation.

AkimasaKajitani_0-1626501518180.png

You can use this option is as fellows.

- Replace a specific string :  aa

AkimasaKajitani_1-1626501664502.png

hunterch7
5 - Atom

Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Labels