Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Files - Copying Files

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a run command process that used to run for me which would copy a file from one network file directory to another. This solution recently start failing and I tried to implement the solution listed in the link below, but I can't quite figure it out. I attached my workflow with both the previous solution as well as the new one. If anyone can help me figure out how I can get either one to work, I would super appreciate it.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Batch-Files-in-Alteryx-Part-2-Movin...

8 REPLIES 8
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Here is what I have done.

@Echo OFF

echo F|xcopy "Filename.xlsx" "Filename_%date:~10,4%_%date:~4,2%_%date:~7,2%_%time:~0,2%%time:~3,2%.xlsx" /Y

Basically, it copying a file from one location to another and adding a date/time stamp.

Save the file as a batch and run it before or after a workflow.

Here is an article that might help with creating batches.

Hope it helps!

Seth

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Also, here is my version of that article.

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

@smoskowitz - thank you. Unfortunately you are running a different version of Alteryx and I cannot open your package. 😞   

Regarding your response, are you saying I should adjust my formula? I am still a novice.

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

What version of Alteryx are you running?

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

2019-07-25_17-16-48.jpg

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Odd, it's done in 2018.4. Attached is just the workflow. Create a folder called c:\test2 and drop some Excel files in there. let me know if that works.

Seth

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

Awesome!!! That worked. Thank you soooooo much.

Mgaurav2grt
7 - Meteor

awesome, thanks so much

Labels