Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Batch Files - Copying Files

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a run command process that used to run for me which would copy a file from one network file directory to another. This solution recently start failing and I tried to implement the solution listed in the link below, but I can't quite figure it out. I attached my workflow with both the previous solution as well as the new one. If anyone can help me figure out how I can get either one to work, I would super appreciate it.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Batch-Files-in-Alteryx-Part-2-Movin...

8 REPLIES 8
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Here is what I have done.

@Echo OFF

echo F|xcopy "Filename.xlsx" "Filename_%date:~10,4%_%date:~4,2%_%date:~7,2%_%time:~0,2%%time:~3,2%.xlsx" /Y

Basically, it copying a file from one location to another and adding a date/time stamp.

Save the file as a batch and run it before or after a workflow.

Here is an article that might help with creating batches.

Hope it helps!

Seth

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Also, here is my version of that article.

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

@smoskowitz - thank you. Unfortunately you are running a different version of Alteryx and I cannot open your package. 😞   

Regarding your response, are you saying I should adjust my formula? I am still a novice.

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

What version of Alteryx are you running?

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

2019-07-25_17-16-48.jpg

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Odd, it's done in 2018.4. Attached is just the workflow. Create a folder called c:\test2 and drop some Excel files in there. let me know if that works.

Seth

kheuer
8 - Asteroid

Awesome!!! That worked. Thank you soooooo much.

Mgaurav2grt
7 - Meteor

awesome, thanks so much

Labels