Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Basic Table formatting tool

jeffv
8 - Asteroid

When using the basic table tool I have the ability to format the data in a table.  Starting fresh (so no conflicts) I create a row rule, and set apply to always, and checking that this rule should override conflicting column rules I set justification to be left.

It seems to change the data columns to be left justified but the column headers are displayed as right justified.  Is this an error with 2018.3?

Thanks,

Jeff 

4 REPLIES 4
KyleB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @jeffv

I do not believe this is an error in 2018.3 and I think you are very close, but there is a nuance I'd like you to be aware of.

To give us the option to justify the Header we need to edit it from the Column Rules and you will see the following options:

3-25-2020 7-51-22 AM.png

Bonus Tip! If the idea of editing each Column manually bums you out you can disconnect the Table Tool from its preceding tool and apply the Column rule to the Dynamic or Unknown Fields, then reconnect the preceding tool and it will apply to all Columns.

jeffv
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!   Just what I needed to know!

Jeff

jeffv
8 - Asteroid

Thanks!  Just what I needed to know.

PetraCap
5 - Atom

Hello, I loved your tip, reading it. I am really sorry, but I am getting an error, related to the conncection Table basic tool, where is just field "Unknown" but as I connected, all incoming columns  (cca 100 columns) have already had the required rule, but Unknown was converted into Dynamic and Uknown Fields. Then, next tool is not processed as pop up an error, that Unknown is missing. 

PetraCap_0-1682269997402.png

Do you have please any clue about workaround:)?

Labels