Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Base 64 Encoding in Designer 2019.2?

Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I would like to use Alteryx Designer to make an API call to a server to send me a fresh Authorization Token when I provide the Client-ID and Client-Secret. The Authorization Token expires on this server every 48 hours, which is why I want to set up this workflow to fetch it for me.

I have to Base 64 Encode those two provided keys to receive the payload I'm requesting. It works in Postman by just providing it in the Header section with "content-type" = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded". Can someone share with me how I can send this request base 64 encoded in Alteryx Designer. I'm using version 2019.2. 

thank you,

Chris

1 REPLY 1
Archaeopteryx
10 - Fireball

With a lot of experimentation and just messing with the Download tool's Payload and Header tabs, I got this to work with just two tools. 

I had to create a Header called, "Content-Type" with "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" as its value. That's all it took to encode the request payload parameters. 

Labels