Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

BUG: Unhandled exception error when importing macro

acowper
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I am trying to build a workflow that uses a batch macro to:

- Read in the list of sheet names from an Excel file (each sheet has a different schema)

- Create the required Excel sheet paths

- Send the list of Excel sheet Paths to the batch macro

- Batch macro feeds an input tool (directly with sheet path) and an output tool (with a regex formula that changes Workbook.xlsx|'Sheet1$' into Workbook_Sheet1.csv)

However I am getting an unhandled exception error when I try to import the batch macro into the main workflow.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi acowper,

I see that your workflow is saved as 10.0. Is it an option to upgrade Alteryx to 10.1 to see if this removes the 'Unhandled Exception error'? 

Best,

Jordan Barker

Client Service Representative

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi acowper,

I was able to replicate your issue. I fixed it by removing the carrot characters from the Output tool file path (see attached). Nevertheless the unhandled exception error is a bug that I will report to our product team.

(Nice macro, by the way.)

acowper
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the help!

pvijendr
7 - Meteor

Is this Bug Fixed. I am still getting this issue in 10.6 version whenever I use carot symbol.

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

A fix has been committed for the 11.0 release.

Labels