Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Azure data lake connection end user authentication

Ilango
7 - Meteor

Hello there,

I am able to connect to ADLS using service-to-service authentication. However, I am not able to connect using end-user authentication. First of all, I am not sure why Client ID is required for end user authentication?

When I try end user authentication with the same client id as service-to-service option, I am getting an error - please see attached. I am probably doing something wrong. Could you please help?

Thanks,

Ilango

3 REPLIES 3
Ilango
7 - Meteor

Now I understand why we need a client ID for end-user authentication. This client id has to be created as a native app in Azure, with the default redirect URI.

Rasmus
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

I am currently trying to use end user auth (service-to-serivce is working), but i get errors with:

Rasmus_0-1601290628348.png

This happens after the login box has popped up and i have entered the correct email and password.

Did you have this problem and if so, how did you solve it?

Best regards

Rasmus

Ilango
7 - Meteor

Hi Rasmus,

For end user authentication, you need a separate client ID (native app). You can't use the one that you use for service-to-service. Please follow this link for creating a native app ID if you don't have one already.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-lake-store/data-lake-store-end-user-authenticate-using-a...

The user's Azure AD credentials will be accepted and authenticated dynamically whenever the workflow is run.

Thanks, Ilango

Labels