Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Azure Active Directory Integrated Authentication

Jay_dup_148
7 - Meteor

I am trying to connect to an azure datawarehouse using active directory integrated authentication. I wasn't able to see how to do this within alteryx input data connection, so I created an ODBC connection. This ODBC connection connects to the database without issues.

However when I try to use it in alteryx it appears to work fine when setting up the input data tool. I can see tables and write sql code, but when I click off of the tool I get the following error message. 

Error: Input Data (1): Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Failed to authenticate the user '' in Active Directory (Authentication option is 'ActiveDirectoryIntegrated').
Error code 0x800401F0; state 10
CoInitialize has not been called.

Any ideas on how I can make this connection work in alteryx?

2 REPLIES 2
Jay_dup_148
7 - Meteor

I was able to get the oledb connection to work by creating a connection to a local server, then replacing the connection string with this:

odb:Provider=MSOLEDBSQL;Data Source=myserver.database.windows.net;Initial Catalog=mydatabase;Authentication=ActiveDirectoryIntegrated;Use Encryption for Data=true;

CT2019
6 - Meteoroid

I had the same problem and my colleague did not. After comparing our ODBC settings, realized I needed to update my ODBC driver. Now it works! 

Labels