Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Avoid running input tool again and again

Suvasini
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have a workflow and the main input is 1.3 GB yxdb file. While running the workflow, maximum time is being spent on loading the input before it goes through other tools. If I want to rerun the same workflow again later, even though I'm using the same input file, it takes the sound amount of time to load again. Is there any way to load it once and not multiple times when I rerun it later?

2 REPLIES 2
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Suvasini,

Yes, you can! I will show you a super neat trick. Just right-click the input and click cache and run workflow:

Emil_Kos_0-1610449965651.png

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Suvasini,

The suggestion for cache and run is a great one by @Emil_Kos. It is worth noting however that the cache only applies to the instance of the workflow you have open. Closing and reopening the same workflow will mean you lose the cache.

One or two further tips I'd add would be,

(1) Can the data source be slimmed down? Removal of excess / unnecessary fields

(2) The size of your file (1.3GB) isn't massive, how long are you seeing as a "long time"? If it is a long time then perhaps it could be caused by the location the file is stored on. Often shared drives can be very slow so perhaps look into that also!

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Labels