Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Avoid line breaks within one word in text reporting

jhe1
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Community, 

is it possible to avoid the line break within one word when reporting text? e.g. "pneumonoultramicroscopy" is one word but breaked when reporting. Or is there a way to automatically add a hyphen between the breaked characters? 

jhe1_0-1671191167947.png

Thank you for reading my post! I wish you have a nice weekend. 

Best 

5 REPLIES 5
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @jhe1 

One way to overcome the line breaks is as below method.

ShankerV_0-1671192193066.png

Note: The workflow used to achieve the solution is attached which can be downloaded to see how the solution works.

If you believe your problem has been resolved. Please mark helpful answers as a solution so that future users with the same problem can find them more easily!!!!

Many thanks

Shanker V

jhe1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi ShankerV, 

many thanks for your help! Your solution to put the text in one field looks good. However, I'm working on creating some serial letters, so I'm not sure whether your solution applies to my situation. Because in each letter, there are dynamic fields with different text length. Right now, I see the same word is broken in one letter but not in the other. I'll try and get back here for a update. 

In general, does it mean we have to put the text in a table-wise format to avoid such a line break? There is no option for "Justify" text in Alteryx as in MS Word with an automatic hyphenation, right?

Best, 

Jing

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @jhe1 

Upto my knowledge we do not have Justify text option in the Report Text.

However will be happy to help if you have the specific workflow attached where the problem in encountered or part of the workflow can help to find the root cause and can try for the solution for your specific scenario.

Please feel free to ask any questions if you come across related to the same.

Many thanks

Shanker V

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @jhe1 

As said in the previous post upto my knowledge there is not Justify option in Report text tool.

Please find the below link where it has been as a proposed idea:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/True-Justify-text-option-in-the-report-text-...

Need to wait for the idea to get implemented. Until that Justify option is not possible.

Many thanks

Shanker V

jhe1
6 - Meteoroid

Hi ShankerV, 

many thanks for the link! It would be great to implement "Justify". That's useful for text report. 

Best, 

Jing

Labels