Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Average for each three months

Ecaterina
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have the next situation.
I need to calculate a revenue for the December which are an average for the last three months.
The exact situation.

KPDateAmounts
Revenue2019-09-0111112
Revenue2019-10-011125
Revenue2019-11-012563

The revenue for December will be AVG(amounts).

Then I want to save this value in DB  and I will have the next value in a table.

KPDateAmounts
Revenue2019-09-0111112
Revenue2019-10-011125
Revenue2019-11-012563
Revenue2019-12-014933

Then the revenue for January will be avg for the last three months and the avg will be save in db.

How to do this in for one year?

6 REPLIES 6
WilliamR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Ecaterina ,

do you want the process to be executed once a month over the last three months?

Ecaterina
7 - Meteor

I want to run for one  year. The value for the next month is the avg for the previous  three months.

I know the value for September, October and November then I can calculate the value for December.

For January will be average for October , November and the value which I calculate for December.

meljaafari
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hey @Ecaterina,

I attached a workflow which may help you achieve the result you want.

It generates a new row (or multiple rows ups to the current month) every time you run the workflow, and calculates the running average based on the Amounts value for the 3 months prior.

Hope this helps,

Mo

Ecaterina
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the work flow, it is work fain, but I also need to add the iteration  part. After is calculate the value for December I need to calculate for January until next year December.

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Ecaterina ,

I've extended the workflow created by @meljaafari a bit to include the iteration. You can create additional periods by modifying the condition expression within the Generate Rows tool, I used "< DATETIMEADD([Max_date], 12, 'month') to generate 12 periods. Average is calculated by using the Multi-Row formula tool.

27-12-_2019_14-51-27.png

I've attached a sample worklflow, hope this is helpful.

Best,

Roland

Ecaterina
7 - Meteor

Hi @,

Labels