Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automization of workflow for each Category

Avani_7476
5 - Atom

Hi , 

I am trying to figure out how to automize the workflow for 500 -600 categories. In the attached workflow i have put a filter of category, I want the same thing to be done one after the other for 500 categories. Output of each category is 21 *4 table ,which needs to be appended one below the other for each category.

Let me know in case of any inputs required.

Regards,

Avani

1 REPLY 1
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Avani_7476,

When you post a yxmd file, the input data doesn't get posted.  You can either sample the data and create a text input tool or you can export a package (yxzp) and it will zip the data.

That being said, I think that you are looking to create a BATCH macro.  You would summarize the field, [Cinema_strID] and use that as a control to the macro.  Within the macro you would run your R tool and it would operate on each unique Cinema value.

You might want to start by reading https://inspiringingenuity.net/2014/02/12/alteryx-simple-batch-macros/

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels