Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automation

Zaid
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am looking to automate a manual process. The process as it stands is such that, various people provide their respective inputs against two or three columns in an excel sheet. After that people manually perform copy and paste the inputs and generate an pdf/ppt presentation.

I am thinking of doing away with this manual work and come up with a way to automate that process, where the various inputs can go and sit in a layout. If there are 100 records that we are copying and pasting, is there any way we can automate that process in Alteryx. I am aware of the Reporting tools, just have not implemented it in my works. Looking out for suggestions.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
NikBarter
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx should be able to automate this.

Sounds like it's just a case of filtering the data that you need, then yes reporting tool is one option.

This case study is worth looking at:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Use-Cases/End-to-End-PowerPoint-Automation/ta-p/182842

Zaid
8 - Asteroid

Hi

businessbusiness metricsSale value
ShopFood500
FactorySteel100
IndustryCloth200
IT companyXYZ300

I want alteryx to read it and give me a powerpoint slide which will be broken down by "business" and each slide will consist of data of two businesses.Like the first slide will have data of "Shop" and "Factory", like,

SHOP                                                                                                                        FACTORY

business metrics : Food                                                                                           business metrics: Steel

Sell value: 500                                                                                                         Sell value: 100

Similarly second slide will have data for "Industry" and "IT company".

Can you or anyone please help by sharing the workflow.

PleaseNote: This is just a mockup of the data that i have prepared. there are 7 to 8 columns in actual and the field sizes are big.

Thanks

Zaid

Zaid
8 - Asteroid

Can anyone please have a look and provide a solution.

Thanks

Zaid

SamDesk
11 - Bolide

Hello @Zaid,

You can do this using the Report Text tool to provide the output of data in the format you want for each record, then use the Layout tool, grouping on the Slide calculation, to put 2 records side-by-side on a powerpoint. The Slide calculation just uses simple premice, of divide RecordID by 2 and round.

Capture.PNG

You can play with more layout options to position the information exactly how you want but this should get you started.

Sam :)

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

How we save the Output file or how we see the Data.

Labels