Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automating emails from standard revenue and cost excel data

limats
7 - Meteor

Hi there,

I have a monthly process which includes month on month variance commentaries on revenues and costs sorted by a simple hierarchy in an excel file. Form the data set, I write Jan revenues were X, X'% above Dec and X % above budget.

Illustrative data is shown below but I am fairly sure Alteryx can put together IF statements and rules based on the dataset to output either an email or report which can automate the monthly commentary instead of manual excel pivots. Ideally, I would also like to "filter" for certain hierarchies e.g. by country and "revenue level 1" column.  

Please can someone assist either directing me to example similar workflows in the community or perhaps show me the logic of the flow and tools I will need to use in my workflow - even certain sections of a working workflow would be useful. 

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @limats 

Thank you for your contribution to the Community!

To help make it easier for others to assist, it would be helpful to get some additional information on your process. Here's what we recommend you include in your reply:

* What Alteryx Version are you using?
* Do you have a Workflow that you can share?
* How do you want the final data to look?

If you are new to Alteryx, I would recommend you take a look at our Tool Mastery articles for Formulas and filters.

We also the Alteryx for Excel users training to review!

Posting for Fastest Possible Solution

Thank you very much!

Community Moderator
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

hey @limats 

As @TrevorS says, it would be useful to know what format you're trying to achieve as an output.

But as general guidance:

- for conditional logic - you use a formula tool with If statements - or you can use a filter tool to split your data into subsets (one set where people are above budget, one where they are below)

- To focus on a particular part of the heirarchy - use a filter tool

- To generate output that can go to an e-mail, you'll use the reporting tools (table tool; header & footer; email tool)

I'd start on the Alteryx Academy that @TrevorS mentioned - with a focus on Alteryx for Excel users - that will get you up and running super-quickly.

Neal_Wang
5 - Atom

Sample

qy881028
5 - Atom

Sample Attached 

Labels