Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatically update dates each week

markdonnelly98
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm currently developing a workflow which takes data from a large report and captures data within the current week (Mon-Sun). Is there a tool which will enable me to have the dates automatically updated each week to capture the current week?

I'm thinking of a possible solution as having the start date on a Monday and the capture date being pushed forward every 7 days.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @markdonnelly98 ,

if I understood correctly, you want to determine the date range for the current week to use start date (Monday) and end date (Sunday) as filter for data from a data source? Alteryx DateTime functions can help - I've added a sample workflow to find these days.

Let me know if it works for you.

Best,

Roland

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This formula will give you the start of the current week date (Monday)

DATETIMEADD(datetimenow(),-
IF
TONUMBER(DATETIMEFORMAT(datetimenow(),'%w'))=0
THEN 7
ELSE TONUMBER(DATETIMEFORMAT(datetimenow(),'%w'))
ENDIF
+1,'days')

Blake
12 - Quasar

Building on @RolandSchubert's formula, you can append those dates to your data set and use them for a custom filter. 

Blake_0-1587573590457.png

markdonnelly98
5 - Atom

Thanks for your response Roland.

I've attached a sample workflow below.

I basically just want each of the filter dates to be pushed forward by 7 days every 7 days if that makes sense.

E.G In the attached example the filters are capturing dates between 2020-04-20 and 2020-04-26 but starting on Monday I will need them to capture all dates between 2020-04-27 and 2020-05-03.

Kind regards,

Mark

markdonnelly98
5 - Atom

Thanks Blake that worked!

Blake
12 - Quasar

Thanks @markdonnelly98 , that's great! 

I'd also suggest marking @RolandSchubert as solved, he provided the formula that I used to build out the rest.

Labels