Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatically showing output anchor in results tab after Run (ctrl+r)

jma248
5 - Atom

Hi!

This may seem trivial but when I add any tool to the canvas and run the workflow, the input anchor shows in the result window rather than the output anchor.

For example, after input, I added a sort tool and sorted ascending by column 1 and then hit run, the input anchor was selected after run and I have to manually click the output anchor to review the results.

Is there a way for the output anchor to automatically show in the results tab after running the workflow?  

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
csmith11
11 - Bolide

HI jma248,

I believe Alteryx displays whichever anchors (Input/Output) you were last viewing in the results windows. I personally was not able to find settings to change this. Perhaps, you should add this to Idea Discussion Board, as I believe it would be useful as well. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Ideas/ct-p/ayx-ideas

javiwood
6 - Meteoroid

Please share an example, I feel like you are describing a Macro or App. If that is the case, then your questions has some missing details. 

jma248
5 - Atom

I am not using a macro or an app.  I wanted to know if there was a way to automatically show the output anchor in the results tab when you place a tool in the canvas, use the tool, and then run the workflow.

When I place a tool on the canvas, use the tool, and then run the workflow it shows "input" data in the results window rather than the output data (data that I changed by using the tool).

It's more of a nuisance than anything because when I run the workflow it appears the tool did not work.  I hope that makes sense! 

Thank you for your response!  I'm attaching a screenshot (in this screenshot, I manually clicked on the output anchor)  

Labels