Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatic identification of the most recent date record for further calculations

MaxSchG
7 - Meteor

Dear community, 

rigth now I am facing an issue that I am not able to solve by myself. (All data is attached)

1. Issue: I would like to calculate the difference between two dates (2019-03-18 and the most recent date). This data input will be updated each month once and imports new dates within a new column (darte of end of most recent month). Now I would like to build a workflow that recognizes the most recent date (2020-08-31) and will then be substracted by the oldest date (2019-03-18). 

2. Issue: I would like to calculate the date between the most recent month and the previous month. In this case (see data output below) this would be 2020-08-31 subtracted by 2020-07-31. Ideally, as described by issue 1, the workflow would recognize the most recent date (column) and the previous month automatically. 

-> The results of issue 1 and 2 should be new columns.

MaxSchG_0-1601976756829.png

Thanks in advance, 

Max

11 REPLIES 11
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @MaxSchG,

Do you need the workflow to estimate the date diff between the most recent and oldest dates dates just for the first row or for each one of your rows?

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @MaxSchG , give this a try if it satisfies your requirement. Also I have removed the unwanted rows let me know if you want whole data will join and resend the workflow.

grazitti_sapna_0-1601978624643.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MaxSchG ,

This what i able to understand. You want subtract (2019-03-18 and the most recent date) and subtract 2020-08-31 subtracted by 2020-07-31 dynamically by finding recent date column, oldest date column, previous month of recent column.

Hope this helps and near to your requirement 🙂

MaxSchG
7 - Meteor

Hi  @grazitti_sapna thank you so much for your quick response. Its perfect that you already removed the unwanted columns. However, I cant open the workflow. Could you resend it in the .yxmd file format so I can open it with my version of Alteryx? I only need the Workflow as a stand alone .yxmd file. 

Thank you for your help!

Best,

max

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova
MaxSchG
7 - Meteor

Hi @atcodedog05 thank you for your workflow. Is it possible that you remove the irrelevant dates and also transform the differences between the dates in "Months"? I think right now the difference is shown in days. That would be awesome! 

Thanks, 

Max

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MaxSchG 

Sure will be done.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MaxSchG 

Here is the workflow with changes:

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1601980369611.png

Just deselect the unwanted columns in select tool. You can rename too.

atcodedog05_1-1601980417767.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @MaxSchG 

Made an updation. The date which falls in the criteria will be selected on auto.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1601981188529.png

Hope this helps 🙂

Labels