Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Automatic Interpolation/Extrapolation Techinque?

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Hello,

I'm trying to Alteryx(inteded to be used as a verb) a data set that automatically linear extrapolates and interpolates values.  For example, see the picture below.   The goal is to have values set starting at 5000 and increment by 1000 for every row.  Notice how 8000/10,000/11,000/15,000/16,000/17,000 is missing.  

interp_example.JPG

Step 1: Decide a max value and increment and insert missing values.

Step 2: Interpolate the missing Factors and if max is greater than what is in the data set, linear extrapolate those Factors.  (I think a simple linear regression model will do this part).  

The result should look something like the below:

etrapexample.JPG

Data workflow with examples above attached.  Thank you to anyone who can help.

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jbh1128d1,

What you need is the "Generate Rows" tool.

I've built the workflow for you (attached)

The first one generates the missing Values, and the other generates the factors. You can amend the upper values within these tools.

Let me know if this is what you want.

M.

Bulien

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

The extrapolated values may not necessarily work this way if they increment in perfect non-linear ways but this type of workflow is exactly what I need. Thank you.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jbh1128d1,

you're very welcome.

Bulien

Labels