Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Automate time series forecasting for multiple departments using ARIMA and TS Forecast tool

ritikat
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Team,

We are forecasting the sales for multiple departments for a retailer. I have created a ARIMA model with different p d q for each department. So there is one workflow for each department. 

Now the requirement is to have one workflow and pass the p d q for each department and generate forecast automatically using one workflow. 

It will be a great help if someone can help me achieve this. 

Regards,

Ritika

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @ritikat ,

I think that is doable with a batch macro. You can use a control parameter to change each one of the p,d,q coefficients and the department and the batch macro will run for each combination of them.

Then you can save the output of each model in a yxdb file and use the department as a prefix to tell which output corresponds to which department.

Hope that helps,

Angelos

NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can also consider using the TS Factory tools, free for download on the Gallery. Here's a sample workflow using the TS Factory tools, and here's an article describing the two approaches.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great article @NeilR - thanks for the reference!

@ritikat - you can also turn this into an analytical app - that way teams can generate their own time series on demand based on the department that they care about.

Labels