Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Autodocumenter tool, Install libraries “Pillow” & “xmltodict” into the Python environment

mouna_belaid
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I want to use the Autodocumenter tool for Alteryx in order to automatically generate documentation based on the content of a workflow. I have been following all the steps provided in the Autodocumenter Installation and Usage guide that you can find here https://gitlab.com/keyrus-us/public/alteryx_auto_doc_revamp/-/tree/master with more details. 

However, when I execute the applicaion (Image Workflow.yxwz), I get this error:

---> 21 import xmltodict
22 from PIL import Image, ImageDraw,ImageFont
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'xmltodict'

I'm pretty sure that I have these libraries installed on my machine as that works when I Import these libraries in Python.

In the documentation guide (page 3), it's mentioned that it's required to find a way to manually install the required libraries “Pillow” and “xmltodict” into the Alteryx Python environment. I've copied the corresponding folders of both libraries and pasted them in every below folder.

PIC1.PNGPIC2.PNG

PIC3.PNG

That does not work yet. I get the same error.

Does anyone can provide me a solution please? Your help will be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @mouna_belaid 

Did you launch Alteryx as administrator? When I tried it here in admin mode if worked without a hitch

Dan

mouna_belaid
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for your reply @danilang.
I've tried and I got the same error.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @mouna_belaid 

Try this in Admin.  It's just the install commands

btw.  In version 2021.1.4  The libraries get installed in c:\program files\alteryx\bin\miniconda3\envs\designerbasetools_venv\lib\site-packages (0.12.0)

Dan

mouna_belaid
8 - Asteroid

Hi @danilang 

You're right!  That works. Thank you so much!
I launched Alteryx as administrator and I upgraded the Designer to version 2021.2.1.
I was running the workflows in Designer 2021.1.3. In 2021.1.4 release, the virtual environment for the Python tool has been changed to "DesignerBaseTools_vEnv". "JupyterTool_vEnv" is no longer used.

Thanks again!

Labels