Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Auto Saving with Render

tgilbert
7 - Meteor

I have a workflow that I am trying to design to create 100 different excel files at one time. Is there a way to have it auto name the files based on a filter I have earlier in the workflow? I've included the workflow to see if that helps. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @tgilbert,

You will need to package up your workflow to include the macro and data. The way I would do this is create a batch macro and dynamically alter the title that way:

IraWatt_0-1653657063247.png

Getting Started with Batch Macros - Alteryx Community

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

tgilbert
7 - Meteor

Thanks! I am working on it, but when I try to add a formula I am getting the error in the image below. I am very new to the macros so this may be something very simple.

tgilbert_0-1653665022434.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @tgilbert,

I've attached an example workflow. All you need to do is pass the layout object and the directory you want to send it too:

IraWatt_0-1653665601394.png

IraWatt_1-1653665653571.png

If any issues please ask :) 

tgilbert
7 - Meteor

I'm getting an error about the file being created with a newer version of alteryx. Is there a way you can save it differently so I can open it? Thanks for the help!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @tgilbert, it should allow you to click okay and it will still unzip the package then you should be able to access the workflow. If that doesn't work I've attached the macro example below. Let me know if you have any issues.

Labels