Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Attempt 3 - How to avoid duplicates and get totals to match when transforming and aligning

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

HELP.  I can't seem to transform and align my data without creating numerous (dozens) of duplicates and totals that don't match the starting number.

I've tried a few times with notional data.  The help so far is greatly appreciated, but neither approach seems to translate to the real data.  So, here's a sample of the real data. YXDB attached   My goal seems very simple.  I want 1 column for text and 1 column for dollars for each period (2019,2020, 2021 B, and 2021 O).   There may not be text or dollars associated with each period.  

Unless there is a clearer solution, I am trying to structure the data along the lines of the table below.  THANKS

LINEPROJECTPROGRAM PROGRAM DESCPPERIODTEXTAMMOUNT
    2021 A  
    2021 B  
2 REPLIES 2
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hello @hellyars,

Not sure if this meets your needs exactly, but figured I would give it a shot. here is a snippet of the results of the first couple records:

sample workflow attempt 3.PNG

DiegoParker
10 - Fireball

Hi @hellyars,

This is my approach. I basically added the year+value columns together for each year, then I did my transpose and then text to columns. Hope that helps.

DiegoParker_0-1582268685818.png

Please find the workflow attached.

Best,

Diego

Labels