community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Attaching additional files to a workflow package (yxzp file)?

Alteryx Partner

Hi,

I am trying to import a yxzp file into a new Alteryx workflow and have read online that I have to go to File-->Import Package. However, I am not seeing this option under "File." Do I need to configure something so that my Alteryx can open these types of files?

Thank you.

You should be able to go to file >> open workflow >> browse >> and then click on a yxzp file. Alternatively, you should just be able to double click a yxzp and Alteryx should start up. If that doesn't work, try right clicking a yxzp and going to open with >> Alteryx

Alteryx Partner

Thanks, Patrick. It looks like there is something wrong with the file itself. When I right click to open with Alteryx, I get the attached error message. I originally downloaded the file from an email. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

If you have pkzip or 7zip installed, I would right click on the file and see if you open it just like a zip file with that software. If you can open it, then you can just extract all the files to a folder. If you don't have that software, then I would change the filetype from yxzp to zip and then extract it as a zip. For example, change Alteryxfile.yxzp to Alteryxfile.zip and then extract all the files to a folder using the windows standard zip software.

Since alteryx doesn't like the file, the above methods are longshots for trying to see if there is any data you can extract.

Alteryx Partner

I was able to get it by saving as a different type of file. Thanks so much for your help!

Labels