Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Association analysis Error

galit_wernick
6 - Meteoroid

For some reason when I use the Pearson Coefficient to do an Association Analysis, I get the following error:

Association Analysis (2) Tool #9: Error in if (!all(x >= 0)) stop("Negative distances not supported!") :

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I tried to attach the file, so let me know if you have any problems...

10 REPLIES 10
jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Can you export with the data?

galit_wernick
6 - Meteoroid
Sorry, I'm confused...what do you want me to do and how do I do it?
galit_wernick
6 - Meteoroid

I'm sorry...what do you want me to do and how do I do it?

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Go to options, export workflow and you should see a checkbox to include the data source. 

galit_wernick
6 - Meteoroid

Workflow exported...

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Can you share it the exported workflow?

galit_wernick
6 - Meteoroid

Attached...

jbh1128d1
10 - Fireball

Ok.  When I opened this, all the fields were selected and a field name was typed into the "target level of interest if the target field is binary categorical (e.g. yes)."  When I chose the Target field and Fields to get the correlation that were numerical, it worked.  See below screen shot and result.  Just remember when using correlation tools and association analysis, make sure the fields are numerical.  

association analysis.JPGresult.JPG

Jack4
5 - Atom

Occupation only has a single value. It should be excluded from the 'Association analysis' setting.

2018-12-30 13_13_45-Clipboard.png2018-12-30 13_20_53-Alteryx Designer x64 - Credit Worthiness.yxmd_.png

2018-12-30 13_18_57-Alteryx Designer x64 - Credit Worthiness.yxmd - Browse (3).png

Labels